Text-Based Utterance Generation Concept
UI Element Design : 10m
Modeling : 45m
Animations : 1hr 20m
UI Layout : 30m
Prop Layout : 15m
Scripting : 2hr 15m
Total Design : 2hr 15m
Total Dev : 3Hr
Total : 5hr 15m
This was a task assigned to me during an interview process in Sept. 2018. The goal is to allow the user to create instances of objects based on the supplied text.
Create a program using the Unity game engine that gets text based utterances as inputs and visualizes them in the scene.
Here are a couple examples:
Input: “The boy is standing next to the table”
Output: The scene renders a representation of a boy standing next to a table.
Input: “Nick was looking at his book”
Output: The scene renders a boy, perhaps holding a book.
Input: “He washed his face and brushed his teeth”
Output: The scene renders a boy next to a bathroom sink, with a toothbrush in sight.
– You can use basic geometry to represent objects (make sure they are easily identifiable)
– You can use free assets from Unity store as well.
– The ability to represent all objects in the utterance is important.
– The ability to represent the relative position of objects (implied from the utterance) is important.
– The ability to represent the orientation of objects is desirable.
– Your program should be able to accept multiple utterances at run-time, sequentially. The way the program deals with previous utterance is up to you. (what if it is a story?)